Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The meal I was not meant to eat

So I had this meal planned for me to make on Sunday. I got tied up and was not able to make it Sunday. I decided that's ok I will make it on Monday. I got in late from shopping and making apple tarts and did not want to make it on Monday. No big deal I will cook it on Tuesday. I go to cook it on Tuesday and it looked like I forgot to buy a can of corn. So I was frustrated but thought no big deal,again, I will buy a can of corn and make it on Wednesday. While cleaning out the freezer today,after I bought a can of corn,  I found a bag of frozen corn intended for this meal. So I went and bought corn that I thought I was missing but I already had it. I laughed at myself and started to cook my meal. I then noticed that I got a chicken breast with bones instead of boneless chicken. grrrr. I then spent ten minutes mutilating this poor chicken with my hands and pulled all the bones out of the two chicken breasts. I felt very uncivilized. I finally got the chicken seperated from the bones. I started sauteing it and grease splatered all over my arms and one hot big grease ball flew into my eye. (No harm done though) After a very frustrating time and much work I finished my mexican chicken skillet. The worst part of the meal was the rice that I just opend the pack and set it in the microwave. Go figure.
Here are pictures today:
#1- finished meal
#2- The poor chicken after my attack


1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing you're not in culinary school. I am impressed though. Not only are you becoming a wonderful photographer you are also becoming a very good cook! But what did that chicken ever do to you?

    ReplyDelete