Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 5!

Sorry with getting this up later but I didn't finish one of my assignments till this afternoon. I'm not procrastinating I have just been waiting for sunlight. Ya it kinda stinks when your assignments need sunlight, but welcome to the world of photography. This week we were talking about light again. We went over last weeks assignments on light you find (Which was the part I needed sunlight for) and we talked about light you make.We got to be in the portrait studio for four hours and the commercial studio for four hours. I took pictures of a box of Disney princess fruit snacks and a tube of bread crumbs. I am not going to post these simply cause it was a box and tube. We then got to work in the portrait studio lighting a model a specific way. I am very pleased to announce that the lights we used were from....Home Depot! Yes I will be buying part of my light set someday from Home Depot. (I bet Lowes has them too so I could make it a date ;) lol mom) Then we had a shoot for autumn in New England. This was for a class in stock photography so we had to shoot as if for stock photography. Me and my roommate carved pumpkins for our assignment that we had for the stock photography. It has been so long since I have carved pumpkins but it was so much fun! Then I went out on my own time today and went to Poet's Seat, Sugarloaf Mountain, and The Yankee candle Factory. Poet's Seat and Sugarloaf were to take pictures that were shooting down into a valley. The Yankee Candle visit was because it was five minutes away and I have always wanted to go there. The look out points were beautiful looking out over the red, yellow, and orange trees. The Yankee Candle Company was probably my favorite. I wasn't there to take pictures. I was just there to have fun and look at the amazing building all set up for Christmas! I have some pictures though from inside there. A discretion they were taken with my Iphone so don't down the photographer cause the quality is not as good. On the other hand you can applaud Apple for making a pretty good camera in a phone. So that has been my week. Fairly hectic but it;s good cause it means school is picking up. Here are some pictures from this week!
Another great use for the Iphone 4


One of my stock photography shots

My 'Crazy' stock photography shot. I like this one a lot.

In the portrait studio we had to make an 'edgy' image

I shot this one this afternoon for the light you find. This is a backlit portrait.

This is from the top of Poet's seat I believe

This is from the top of Sugarloaf Mountain

In the Yankee Candle Factory (snowmen for mom)

Again in the Yankee Candle Factory

A Random giant cow in the Yankee Candle Factory

the North pole line of village housing. There was so much in there I couldn't post nor take a picture of the sheer hugeness of the store.

One side of our pumpkin display on our porch

Carli's pumpkin with mine in the background

The pre-cut pumpkin

1 comment:

  1. yes, we will definitely have to plan a Lowe's date or Home Depot if you prefer. Thanks so much for the snowmen pictures. I'm looking forward to visiting the Yankee Candle Company the next time we visit. Love the fall colors and your pumpkins are so much fun. Your portraits are getting better and better. You're doing great!!! Love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete