Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Phase 1 Final Complete!

So I have been so busy these past two weeks. I finally got my phase 1 final done. There hasn't been much going on since my last post. I have been working on my final and other school assignments.
Today we were introduced to the medium format cameras. In the commercial studio we are going to start using the cameras that you may think of as old school. They are cameras that you put the cloth over your head and it's the accordion camera. These will be used from now until the end of school in the commercial studio. They help keep the product from being distorted by the 35 mm cameras we have been using, They are still digital and will still produce digital files. I am excited about using them but nervous at the same time. The image that we will see in the view finder will be upside down and backwards from what it actually is but I think it will be fun to learn. I am excited for our last full week before Thanksgiving when I get to see my boyfriend and go to NYC!
Here are the images from the final portfolio.
Shoot a product on location using a shallow depth of field

Shoot a natural portrait using the Home Depot lights outside of the studio

Shoot a picture of your hand

Shoot a self portrait that not only shows what you look like but also something about you

Shoot a picture using opposite color temperatures

Shoot a picture using the same color temperature

Shoot an environmental portrait while the subject breaks up lines

Shoot a portrait outside using subtractive and reflective lighting

Shoot a picture showing motion

Shoot a picture freezing motion

2 comments:

  1. I think your pictures turned out great and now I hope you can relax just a bit and enjoy next week's Thanksgiving break. I especially liked your self portrait. You are my princess!

    ReplyDelete