Monday, November 22, 2010

Promo piece and other random things.

Well it's begun that time of year where I no longer shoot jpeg. I know this doesn't mean much to you but what it does mean that it is harder to update my blog. I have to change the file format to put it up on my blog. So what that means? I wont have as organized blogs as I once had. I will still post and will still be putting pictures up but the pictures will not necessarily be in week order.

So this week? It's Monday so nothing to post. Just kidding. The things I will be posting are from the last two weeks. I will explain each picture in the caption cause honestly I don't remember which ones I have to put up this week. One that I do remember is my promotional piece. We were given an assignment in our design class to design a self promotional piece. I am pretty darn proud of it for it being my first design piece. You have to understand that this piece was all made by me. There was no template that I put my image and name in. The piece started as a plain white 6 in. x 9in. file. Everything on it was thought out and placed there by me. It was a little nerve racking trying to pick your best image. I find it extremely hard to like your own work. It's a vicious process. You take a picture. You stare at it so long trying to figure out what to do to it. You hate the picture. You finally get it tweaked to where you love it. You turn it in feeling very happy. You get the grade back on it and the comments and suddenly the picture isn't as good as you remembered. So this means that in finding a picture for my promo piece it was hard finding one that you wanted to call your best and knowing all the things wrong with it. I have to constantly remind myself that yes the instructors know the flaws and I know the flaws but the general public has no earthly clue what is going on with the picture technically. I have to remind myself that after Hallmark I will be serving the public not the instructors of Hallmark Institute of Photography. So with all that being said, as of now before my grades come back I like my promo piece and I like the image on it despite knowing the flaws.

In other news. Tomorrow my great boyfriend comes up to see me and we head of to NYC. I have missed him so much. I am so excited that he is coming up and that we get to go see the Macy's parade but at the same time I miss my family and wish I were going home for Thanksgiving. I am so ready and excited for Christmas. Not just for the break from school but more importantly to see everyone back home. I will most definitely take pictures while in NYC and I have scheduled my first non Hallmark photo shoot with a non Hallmarker. I will be taking pictures of Cameron on Saturday. (I'm not sure this counts though?) I will post those wonderful works of art that I will create of him too.

 So here are the images from the past couple weeks

My self promotional piece

We had to create a catalog shot for a product of our choice

Create a picture using shape as part of your composition. (The colored squares are pieces of paper and the bows are hair clips)

Create a portrait in the studio using whatever method you wanted to do.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment